Then you must visit us for a checkup regarding the health of your gums. Our specialists will examine your gums for the signs of inflammation and will find the reason for the inflammation, “tartar” that brushing doesn’t clean. Only a professional cleaning by a dentist can remove tartar.
There are a number of risk factors for gum disease, but smoking is the most significant. Smoking also can make treatment for gum disease less successful. Other risk factors include Diabetes, Hormonal changes in girls and women, Medications that lessen the flow of saliva, Psoriasis, Certain illnesses, such as AIDS, and their medications; Genetic susceptibility.
What are the treatments for gum diseases?The main goal of treatment is to control the infection. The number and types of treatment will vary, depending on the extent of the gum disease.
- Scaling & Polishing
- Gingival Curettage
- Root Planing
- Flap Surgery
- Resective Osseous Surgery
- Regenerative Osseous Surgery
- Brushing your teeth twice a day with a fluoride toothpaste.
- Flossing regularly to remove plaque from teeth. Or, you can use a device such as a special brush, wooden or plastic pick, or a “water flosser” recommended by our dental professionals.
- Visiting the dentist routinely for a check-up and professional cleaning.
Flap surgeries are gum procedures in which the gums are temporarily separated from the teeth. Before you undergo this surgery, your periodontist will make sure that your oral hygiene is good by removing all plaque and tartar formed around your teeth. Also, to ensure that the flap surgery is safe for you, the dentist will also evaluate your health and medications that you may be taking.
- It helps in removal of diseased tissues lining the pockets
- Flap surgery gives better access to the root surfaces that enables better cleaning and treating of the roots.
- It regenerates lost periodontal ligament and bone.
- It closes the healthy tissues without leaving any open wounds thereby allowing better healing.
When performed correctly and by a professional dentist these procedures can do wonders for your oral hygiene. Please note that you need to consult a dentist and understand your condition before undergoing any of the treatment. The cost of both the procedures will vary from one clinic to another.
MON – SAT
10:00 AM to 9:00 PM
SUNDAY: 10:00 AM to 2:00 PM
2022 © Copyrights | Ishanvi Dental Care & Implant Center